Gravity Forms Entries Stuck in Unread Status
One of the WordPress websites I manage has had Gravity Forms entries stuck in the “Unread” status for quite some time. Over the last couple weeks, it went from three unread entries to six. I wasn’t sure what was causing this when my client asked why it was happening so I decided to take a look at all his entries to make sure they were all marked as read. After quickly double checking, I was pretty stumped on why this was happening. It seemed as if there were a few hidden Gravity Forms entries. I decided to pull up the mySQL database to find an answer there. I looked in the rg_lead table to find any unread entries for the form that was showing unread entries and found a couple at first glance. To avoid combing through hundreds of lines of database rows, I ran a SQL command to set the is_read key’s value to true for any row where the form entry was of the specific form ID and if the is_read key was set to false. This command looked like:
This is updating the rg_lead table specific to his database and setting the is_read column to a value of 1 (true) when the form ID is 9 (the form ID that was showing unread entries) AND is_read is set to 0 (false). To use this statement yourself, you need to run a mySQL command from phpMyAdmin, changing the “wki59ht_” prefix to whatever your database prefix is and the form ID to the one that is showing the hidden, unread entries. While this isn’t a fix to what may be causing entries to be stuck as Unread (I don’t know what causes it), this is a way to mark them as Read and clear out your unread queue.
Like usual, whenever you make changes to your website, always make sure to have a backup.
Leave a Reply